Meta: With adventure logs, I’m just going to write a super barebones summary of each session so we know where things stand. Feel free to embellish or add to it, or to write your own.
- The Calmar went to the Neuvo Rio to fulfil Henri’s last request – to recover a box from a comet orbiting the star.
- The Calmar approached the comet, dodging the debris ejected as it approached the sun.
- As they approached the comet, a Nuevo Rian gunship pursued them, launching fighters.
- Dr. Mohammed Chang c.M.D managed to recover the box, and it’s contents, a metal cylinder, after being smashed through the ceiling of the small bubble hab on the comet by Victor Jordan, who was operating the tractor beam.
- The comet broke apart under stray gunfire from the gunship. In a brilliant display of piloting Rowan Veronesi managed to dive through the heart of the exploding comet trailing Dr. Chang behind. When the gunship attempted to follow, it was crushed by the debris.
- The Calmar eluded the Nuevo Rian fleet (thanks to Jean Sui Jen jamming the gunship’s comms) and jumped to Omicron Persei 8.
- En route, Jean managed to deduce that the cylinder was a high tech Edison cylinder, with an enormous amount of data stored in its atomic structure. Dr. Chang managed to decode a small portion of this data and it revealed itself to be a transhuman genome.
- Upon arriving at OP8, the Calmar landed on the Niven ring, and the crew took the box to Jacobi & Associates.
- Ser Jacobi (a very bland person) knew that the box contained a cylinder and created the impression that this was not an unusual series of events. The cylinder was handed to a technician (a clever and friendly person who happened to be about 3 metres tall and very hairy).
- The crew was paid (Calmar gets a temporary +1 to Stores). Dr. Chang and Jean stayed to watch “the procedure”, while the rest of the crew went shopping. Joyce succumbed to the temptation to buy some more cybernetic implants, and is now broke.
- The technician decodes the cylinder and, over the next couple of days, grows a clone using the genome. This is very interesting to Jean. Dr. Chang realises that the clones neural network is being shaped to recreate a specific personality.
- The clone (male, transhuman norm, redhair) is decanted and when it comes to, is rather dismissive of the crew (in fact, he’s a bit of a dick). He reveals:
- That his name is Henry.
- He is Henri from 40 years ago (implying that Henri was modified to appear as an octopus).
- He implies that this isn’t the first time that this has happened either.
- He doesn’t give a shit about the Calmar or the crew.
- He has a boss, though doesn’t disclose much about them. He does say that there may be some work for the crew, but his advice would be to not take it.
And this is were we left off. As discussed on the FB page, this is a minor milestone, so feel free to change your character as per the FATE Core rules.